▲ Disaster or Design exhibition identifies six angles to address daily life pain points and how circular design can solve the problems.
After “Circular Design Exhibition – Are you in the circle?” in 2018, Taiwan Design Center, upgraded to Taiwan Design Research Institute this year. TDRI plans the circular design project to showcase “Disaster or Design” curated by REnato lab. We held a press conference for the opening on February 21th.
Dealing with everyday problems from a new perspective, intuitive graphics reveal the cost we have paid for the comforts we enjoyed. The exhibition is organized around six thematic pillars: food, fashion/ textile, housing/ objects, electronics/ appliances, plastics/ packaging, and cities. We are inviting 32 companies, 40 circular design cases.
We studied together, what is the current pain point in line economics, how circular design can solve the current pain points. In this way we can minimize waste and achieve zero waste goals, designing the framework for future living model.
2020 Circular Design Exhibition: Design or Disaster
- Venue: Taiwan Design Pavilion Area 05 (Songyankou, Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, Taipei, Taiwan)
- Exhibition: 2020.02.22 – 2020.06.14 every Tuesday to Sunday 09:30 – 17:30
- Organized by: Industrial Development Bureau, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Executed by: Taiwan Design Research Institute
- Curated by: REnato lab
- Designed by: Studio Shikai
- Graphics by: Re-lab